- I had to put away my variadic marshaller since it was causing issues with floats (why? blog post coming soon!) - all marshalling is done inside the stubs with macros. Takes more lines but it's probably a better idea in the longer run.
- The main points of interest in terms of code would be: the files under the rpc/ directory (dsp and gpp side stubs, some additional dsp side functions), rpc_server.c and .h under build/gpp_libs (gpp unmarshalling, symbol location and execution), cio_ipc.c (gpp RPC server, inside the C6Run C I/O server) c6run.c under build/gpp_libs (extracting the embedded GPP stubs library and setting up RPC buffers).
- I'm using the C6Run C I/O transport system to pass RPC buffers back and forth, for now.
- There's some additional parts in c6run-cc to handle the --rpc switch (add the dsp stub file to the sources list, compile the gpp stubs into a dynamic link library and embed it inside the final executable)
- Custom stubs have to be hand-coded, there's no stub generator tool yet
Support for buffer parameters coming soon! (actually, if you write a GPP side stub that does allocation from CMEM or POOL, use this RPC call for allocating memory on the DSP and pass data in this buffer,
everything should work).
Comments, criticism and suggestions are very, very welcome!